Nantes 2016. Yoko Saito

The Japanese quilters are very special in the quilting world. Yoko Saito is one of them. I have always admired her work and her quilts have always been very inspiring for me. I had not seen Yoko Saito's quilts in real for a few years but as soon as I entered her booth, I was speechless and the feeling can be overwhelming. Her work is beyond words... I am not sure if one can really understand what I mean if you have not seen Yoko Saito's quilts in the flesh.

I was more than lucky to attend two classes with her. It was not my first class with Yoko Saito but I always learn something new and I think I could spend hours, days and years watching her handsewing. It is really impressive! She is a quilt master and if I were living in Tokyo, I would apply to become one of her students. Two 3-hour classes is way too short! But who knows, I may have the opportunity to attend a several-day course in the future???  Dreams sometimes come true ;-)

Admire the photos which are all mixed up as I kept going to the exhibition and could not stop admiring and photographing the quilts several times.

Enjoy,





















































 Until next post,

Comments

  1. thanks for sharing I love her work such detail beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the detailled photos, love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her work her is admirable, it looks so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. merci pour ces merveilleux reportages, je m'en prend pleins les yeux

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG !! No words to tell how much I loved looking at these pictures ! So much attention to detail ! Japanese quilters seem to belong to another planet :-) and Yoko is a true master - a title she deserves so well ! She is THE queen of quilting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I love the muted color pallet she has chosen and her attention to detail on every single piece - such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her quilts "move me" as they say, and I've only seen them in the magazines. You lucky pup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment